Tuesday 22 April 2014

Pillow Talk

It's been a while since my last post, so I thought I'd kick off with a bang, or er... whatever noise pillows make?

Now this might sound strange, but what if there was one day of the year where it was perfectly acceptable to hit a random stranger with a pillow? Well... Thankfully there is a day especially dedicated to fullfill all of your pillow fighting fantasy's (ok, maybe not all of them) where it is a pillow free for all. 

International Pillow Fight Day is held every year, but this is the first year I got to attend (Saturday 5th April 2014) and Trafalgar Square was jam packed with people throwing their pillows about chaotically. It literally looked like there had been a pigeon massacre- there were that many feathers clouding the sky.

Enjoy getting this off your socks!
Nobody was safe from the attack- and I'm pretty sure I got concussion- old, young and foreign alike all got together to throw their pillows about for a landmark day that you're not likely to forget. My advice... Attend next year. But make sure to bring a pillow, leave all breakables at home and prepare to be picking feathers out of your nostrils for a good week.

Disclaimer: (no pigeons were hurt in the making of this day)

No comments:

Post a Comment